Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 45: McFerrari's

A McDonald's burger starts at ten dollars. A crumpled big mac wrapper in the back of your car is a status symbol.

No one understands my confusion.

After all, they reason, the best burger ever doesn't just come for nothing. And from the inventor of burgers no less. It's not like fresh fruit* that grows on a tree. Otherwise poor people would be eating there.

The what? from the who? "Poor people DO eat there. And most of the richer people I know scoff** at the place."

They are in shock. "So not only does everyone have a Ferrari, but in America, even your poor people get to eat at McDonald's?" This one is too much for some of them. They won't believe this.

This is too much for me. I don't believe this.




* A dozen fresh bananas, vine ripened, harvested this morning: 50 cents. 
** I don't actually know the word "scoff" in Portuguese. I put my thumb on my nose and said "Argentina people" 

3 comments:

  1. Lol! This is awesome!!! :D Glad you are updating again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently McDonald's down here is actually really good. I guess they want to justify the price.

      Delete
  2. Are Brazilian McDonald's burgers made out of that mm-m-m-good Argentine beef?

    ReplyDelete