Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 27: Brazilian Haircut

I had to wait two hours for the best barber in town. He used only a straight razor. I got a shave too. This new haircut is the magic flute. Looking more like a Brazilian now, I teleport to the next level.

At market I try to buy bread. It's not as easy. People are speaking faster. What did you say? I'm sorry can you slow down please? Yes thank you I know my accent is funny. No, I have no clue what you're saying. Because I only know a little Portuguese. No, really. No I'm from America.

I have to switch to English to prove my point.

This strategy no longer works. Yes thank you I do have a good gringo impersonation. That almost sounded like real English didn't it? Time to break out the sign language. Time and again, the game of charades proves to be my most valuable educational experience.

My hair looks like a West Philadelphia barbershop's interpretation of Rockabilly. My hair looks Brazilian.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed the WHOLE time! This is great! :D Sorry it didn't make things any easier for you!! Hopefully they'll start to believe you! Wish you could post a photo! :)

    ReplyDelete