Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 29: Small Talk


It's a nice day. I walk home from Portuguese lessons. A car runs me over.

A screaming lady occupies the passenger seat. The woman behind the wheel is confused. On our trip to visit the Indians, we were joined by a nice old lady named Sonia. In fact it was her trip. We joined her. Sonia's the screaming one. Her right hand is waving wildly trying to keep up with her yelling. Her left hand is still clamped to the commandeered steering wheel.


No one knows what Sonia says when she gets excited. The driver gives up before I do and makes Sonia write it on paper.

Sonia's happy to see me. Would I like to come to her church this weekend?

The driver was expecting more. You ran the kid over for small talk? Well we honked first.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?!? Wow. Are you OK??? Minor scrapes and bruises? Well, at least you know how important you are! :)

    ReplyDelete