Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 40: Trees

Strolling down the street I am taken by the beauty of a tree in bloom. A branch reaches well into the street, weighed down to eye level with bright orange flowers on every twig. I put my stroll on hold to admire the bouquet before me.

Two days ago I finally decided to abandon my camera. Poor timing. To go home and back for my camera would add an hour to my day. It's just one picture.

While calculating the time against value of this potential picture I realize people are staring at me. I return the favor to discover a look of distaste on their faces. What is wrong with admiring some flowers on a tree? If these savages cant appreciate natural beauty then I don't care what they think of me. I decide to go back for my camera if for nothing more than to make a statement.

Yes this may be ordinary to you, but where I come from such things are rarely seen on public streets. If only I had my camera now to defiantly make my point. I return my gaze to the tree. This time, on the other side of my picture perfect branch, I notice a scared little boy zipping up his pants next to a wet tree trunk.

Two days ago I abandoned my camera. Providential timing. I'm not going back for it. Ever. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And of course He wouldn't just give me the wits to have avoided the whole situation in the first place.

      Delete