Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 16: Forest Frolic

6:00 a.m. 
The road through the mountains of the Atlantic Coastal Rainforest is pleasant. Rainy season is just ending and the flowers are in bloom. The steep mountains and deep ravines are capped with clouds and filled with fog. The road itself is an engineering marvel.

8:00 a.m.
Brazilians don't care much for the jungle. They stay at the cabin. I explore the jungle.

1:30 p.m.
DO NOT smell the green ones. 

2:00 p.m.
Nosebleed stops.

6:30 p.m.
Jungle mosquitoes are overrated. Twelve hours spent in a tropical rainforest, and they have given me no problem.

8:30 p.m.
Jungle mosquitoes are nocturnal. They swarm. They bite through jeans.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am OCD. Yes, I enjoy your blog a lot. Yes, you have posted every day. Yes, you have skipped numerous observations in the proper sequence of numbers. Do I think you are doing this to bother me personally? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious. I wish that were true. Most of my observations are painfully boring and some are very long. Observation #1, for example, regards the social rules for when to wear flip flops and when to wear shoes. Interesting to me. Probably interesting to you. That's about it. I thought about renumbering my observations for the blog, but decided it would be more intriguing to keep their original numbers. Also I knew it would bother you personally.

      Delete
    2. In September I'm going to organize all of my observations into a single document. If you like I can make it downloadable.

      Delete