Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 20: New Keys


Robert and I share a single set of keys. We are each others prisoner. In the morning we teach classes and in the evening Robert goes to university while I have my Portuguese lessons. There is always something to be done in-between. Tomorrow we'll really REALLY get to the locksmith before he closes.

Notice the the title of this post. Day 20. Twenty days. We will not make it tomorrow. We will not make it ever.

I combine a piece of scrap metal, a vice, and a hacksaw. The result resembles a key. I add some heat and a few taps with a cross pein hammer. Now it fits in the keyhole too. It's ugly. It works. It's beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How talented of you! :) The 20 days, does that mean you are leaving soon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not. I just wanted to imply that a new key was past due.

      Delete