Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 21: Hot Sauce Buns

Robert leaves for his Exams. Utilizing the new found freedom of my very own key, I leave too. My neighborhood is named Pimentas. Depending on the context, pimentas means either 'hot sauces' or 'hot sauce people'.

Places are not named after things they do with mediocrity. Neither would a mild person be expected to have a spicy nickname. I set out to find either pimenta dos Pimentas (hot sauce of The Hot Sauces) or a pimentano (hot sauce person).

My expedition makes it as far as a bakery. I point out a handsome little loaf of bread and some juice that comes from a fruit I cant even begin to identify. I love the texture of fresh out of the oven bread. My tiny loaf of bread does not deliver that experience. There is a texture wholly unbreadlike.

There is a tiny ham baked into this tiny loaf.

Brilliant.

2 comments: